By Chuck Cichowitz, Founder
In 1982, Lindy and I were approached with the idea of developing a rafting program for Young Life’s Frontier Ranch. The idea of addressing the need for outfitter services that understand the particular needs of families and youth was born from our discussions.
Starting in 1983 with 5 staff and 5 rafts, we began a journey that has now lasted 40 years and has served well over half a million guests.
Now, Noah’s Ark is nationally recognized for providing extraordinary recreation and educational opportunities for families and youth from all over the world. Our programs have expanded beyond simply providing Arkansas River access to providing extensive backcountry services.
The quality of your experience is greatly dependent upon the quality of our staff — a staff that understands and lives excellence, commitment, fun, adventure, and demonstrates trustworthiness, character and dedication to their work. Our staff is actively encouraged to grow their love for the outdoors and for serving people. They have traveled far — from the top of Mt. McKinley to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and many of them work with families and youth in the off-season. For them, this is more than just a summer job — it is a passion and lifestyle.
What Sets Us Apart...
- Experience: Noah’s Ark has been rafting through Browns Canyon national Monument for over 38 years.
- Staff: We employ 7 full-time staff and over 100 seasonal staff from all over the country.
- Happy customers: One of the highest customer return rates in the industry.
- One-stop-shop: Noah’s Ark 11-acre mountain view property is located on the banks of the Arkansas River. This means our check-in, boat put-in, and adventure park are all located on site to maximize time adventuring together.
Staff Training Program
- River, Rock Climbing, and Mountaineering Guide Training.
- Swift Water Rescue and Trip Leader training.
- Leadership Development Program.
- Guide Instructor Training.
- First Aid Training with industry leaders.
- Training in geology, wildlife and local lore.
Noah's Ark Core Values
- Staff Development
- Extraordinary Service
Noah's Ark Passion
To challenge and encourage people in their relationship with God and others through outdoor adventure.
Licenses and Associations:
*Noah’s Ark is an equal opportunity service provider. Forest Service Title VI – This establishment provides services, accommodations, and privileges regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, or national origin. Open to the public. American Disabilities Act compliant.